Senior Naval Architect - Shipyard
Company: Hornblower - City Experiences
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Salary - $130,000 - $150,000
City Experiences is seeking a Senior Naval Architect our Shipyard
operation in Bridgeport, CT.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City
Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
About the Opportunity:
To serve as a Senior Naval Architect responsible for providing
naval architecture, marine design engineering for new construction,
conversion, refit, and repair projects of all scopes across the
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Advise and provide technical direction in refit, new
construction, and external client projects, throughout the
- Mentor, train, and support junior level engineering staff with
- Perform stability and structural studies and analyses, up to
and including USCG or Class submittals.
- Participate in all stages of new vessel design, performing
engineering calculations, creating and updating documentation,
developing conceptual designs, providing detailed production
drawings and fully populated 3D models.
- Interface with external professional parties such as
engineering firms, other consulting naval architects, vendors, and
- Support existing design engineering staff with regulatory
reviews, submittals, and participation in meetings/seminars with
USCG (and other classification societies, as projects
- Perform ship inspections and visit projects to ensure accuracy
and quality of new construction, repair, and refit projects.
- Prepare calculations and drawings for repair, conversion, and
retrofit projects, including but not limited to: Structural
modifications, Stability assessments and submittals, Electrical
systems, piping systems, fire boundary designs and fire load
calculations, HVAC, and Other auxiliary systems.
- Work with a multidisciplinary internal design team of
designers, engineers, and other naval architects.
- Hold yourself and all employees accountable to the
Environmental, Safety and Quality Respect and SMS systems of the
organization and to work closely with the Manager of ISO/Respect &
Training to implement such systems, plans and control of records
- Travel to job sites within the US and internationally as
- Maintain a safe work environment.
- Other Duties as assigned. Requirements & Qualifications:
- Professional engineering license (PE) preferred
- 5-10 years of experience in Naval Architecture
- Experience with both aluminum and steel vessels is
- Strong hands-on experience in vessel engineering and naval
architecture is required
- Technical competence in preparing calculations and performing
stability assessments including (but not limited to)
Lightship/Deadweight and Inclining Surveys is required
- Computer skills including AutoCAD, 3D modeling software such as
Solid Edge, Rhino, etc., and Naval Architecture software such as
- Experience with FEA (Finite Element Analysis), CFD
(Computational Fluid Dynamics), and other computer based simulation
- Strong familiarity with USCG Subchapter T, K, L, and H, and
IACS class society rules (BV, ABS) required
- Knowledge of tonnage regulations and SOLAS preferred
- Knowledge of construction site best practices and safety
- Knowledge and understanding of all shipyard trades
- Knowledge of vessel technical systems, engineering, and
structural design About Us:
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land
and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission,
vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company
culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us
to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and
The Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
harassment against any applicants or employees based upon their
race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical
disability, status as a protected veteran, or other characteristics
prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, we encourage all qualified applicants including those
with past arrest or conviction records to apply. The Company
participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations.
We encourage qualified applicants with arrest and conviction
records to apply.PandoLogic. Keywords: Naval Architect, Location:
Bridgeport, CT - 06602
Keywords: Hornblower - City Experiences, Bridgeport , Senior Naval Architect - Shipyard, Professions , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!