Company: Lecoq Cuisine Corp
Posted on: March 23, 2020
Experience the taste of Paris in a true French croissant!
Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer
of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art
equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality
in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for
tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite
Our amazing people's inspiration and dedication are what brings it
all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to
delivering the very best French pastries translates into an
unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are
found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have
a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things
well done, we'd love to meet you.
Come join the Lecoq team!
- Sourcing and procurement of raw materials, supplies, equipment,
and corporate goods and services, including maintenance, freight,
and external warehousing.
- Accountable for the strategic direction and execution of the
supplier strategy to optimize cost, performance, and
- Obtain Samples from vendors and follow up with R&D for
validation and approval.
- Perform supplier evaluations.
- Lead RFPs and RFIs to continually improve the supplier network
strength while reducing costs.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements.
- Resolve issues with schedule adherence, supplier
on-time-delivery, quality, and price (as applicable) by engaging
appropriate internal departments.
- Maintain positive relations with existing suppliers, and source
new key suppliers and products.
- Plan and source materials in collaboration with
- Forecast future procurement needs; monitor stock levels and
maintain safety stock. Expedite delivery of goods when
- Key member of the HACCP and Crisis Management Teams.
- Obtain all documentation related to supplier and raw material
approvals (i.e.: specsheets, GMO declaration, etc.)
Data Collection and Intelligence Reporting
- Data collection and analysis of market trends, supplier spend,
quality, and delivery metrics.
- Create and implement key performance indicators to ensure
savings and lower cost of goods.
- Assess supplier performance for contracts and purchase
- Coordinate, conduct and participate in cross functional team
meetings to investigate and recommend continuous process
improvement, strategic initiatives and/or cost reduction
- Approve purchase orders in accordance with company
- Coordinate pricing and approved vendor information with other
internal company departments
- Authorize payment for purchases by forwarding receiving
documentation and serve as liaison with the Accounts Payable
Department to ensure accurate and timely payment of
- Secure and update COIs from vendors and contractors.
- Other duties/special projects as assigned by manager.
- 5+ years of work experience in procurement, category
management, or supply chain. CPG industry, food/beverage experience
helpful but not mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration,
Engineering, or similar field.
- Skilled negotiator with experience developing
- Solid understanding and experience of purchasing strategies &
- Experience in direct spend categories including raw materials,
commodities and ingredients.
- Experience in indirect spend including corrugated packaging,
pallets, plant services and supplies, MRO, janitorial and waste
stream services, etc.
- Goal driven and results oriented, with a proven track record of
results in a manufacturing, distribution, or operations
- Experience in analysis of global macro-economic conditions to
assess timing and proficient procurement.
- Ability to problem-solve and multi-task in a fast-paced
environment with constant shifting priorities.
- Out of the box thinker, looks for creative ways to solve
problems and improve outcomes.
- Proven analytical and decision-making skills to support
effective buying decisions, problem resolution, process
improvements cost reductions, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience in Sage or equivalent ERP system.
- Advanced understanding of Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc),
and PowerPoint desirable.
- Strong business acumen and communications skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in negotiation, analytical and
- Customer service orientation, excellent organizational skills,
and superior attention to detail.
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment and prohibits
discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status,
genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state, or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.PI119203231
Keywords: Lecoq Cuisine Corp, Bridgeport , Procurement Manager, Professions , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!