Inventory Control Clerk
Company: Hartford Healthcare
Posted on: March 20, 2020
Work where every momentmatters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work
with onething in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. Weinvite you to become part of Connecticut's most
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. Itincludes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatricfacility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needsservices for adults
and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital inFairfield
County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and
isthe system's second-largest hospital.
Position Summary:Monitors, orders, stocks, and transportssupplies
and/or equipment for the organization.
- Monitors, orders, stocks, and transports supplies and/or
- Ensures timely delivery of stock/inventory as needed.
- Investigates and troubleshoots inventory issues/problems.
- Maintains accurate tracking records for inventory.
- Complies with all inventory controls related to and ensuring
the accuracy of physical product, paperwork, and inventory
- Stocks unit supply rooms in a neat and orderly fashion and
according to procedures.
- Protects supplies and equipment from damage or loss.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
with peers, management, clinicians, and other relevant hospital
- May be required to transport patients to designated sites as
- Follows safe guidelines and limitations for receiving,
transporting, and stocking of intravenous (IV) fluids as related to
specified essential job duties.
- Ensures that intravenous (IV) fluids are kept safe and secure,
have not been tampered with and are not expired. Intravenous(IV)
fluids are defined as solutions containing 5 % dextrose, 0.9 %
sodium chloride or combinations of these two solutions.
- Able to read, write, and follow oral and written instructions,
comply withprocedures and policies, and perform simple arithmetic
- Previous experience working with any of the following:
shipping, receiving, picking, logistics, distribution, purchasing,
warehousing, inventorymanagement, contracting, and vendor
- Skilled use of personalcomputers and/or related software
- Preferred: one yearexperience in disciplines listed above.We
take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, HartfordHealthCare offers exciting
opportunities for career development andgrowth. Here, you are part
of an organization on the cutting edge -helping to bring new
technologies, breakthrough treatments and community educationto
countless men, women and children. We know that a
thrivingorganization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefitsprogram designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters.And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford Healthcare, Bridgeport , Inventory Control Clerk, Professions , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!