Internal Medicine Physician General Internist - Physicians Only Apply - Perm
Company: Progeny Human Resource Solutions
Posted on: May 11, 2022
A Internal Medicine Physician General Internist practice is
seeking a qualified physician for Bridgeport, CT. This and other
physician jobs brought to you by ExactMD. Medical Doctors Only
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:-- All duties are subject to
accommodation in accordance with the American Disability Act
- Provides comprehensive, coordinated medical care, including
preventive, maintenance and acute care, to adult patients across
the spectrum utilizing the resources of the Health Center and when
necessary refers to appropriate specialized resources of health
- Provides adult medical care consistent with the scope of duties
and responsibilities for which the Physician has been privileged by
the Health Center Board of Directors --
- Works as part of a team to ensure smooth functioning of the
department and patient-centered care --
- Supports and complies with established clinical and agency
policies and procedures, including QI/QA and medical records, in
accordance with Joint Commission and PCMH standards, and federal
and state mandates, including FTCA regulations and scope of
- Supports data collection systems and reporting of statistical
data necessary for grant or QI/QA purposes as needed
- Provides consultation and supervision to mid-level
- Provides consultation to department staff, as
- Participates in provider, department, and performance
improvement meetings and in-service trainings
- Participates in on call, expanded hours, and after- hours
coverage and arranges for coverage during absence for vacation,
professional education or other leave time.
- Maintains staff privileges for Bridgeport Hospital and/or St.
Vincent---s Hospital to facilitate hospital admissions and ensure
optimal care coordination
- Participates in such continuing professional educational
activities as needed to maintain licensure
- Other related duties as assigned, including attached specific
job duties or responsibilities.
- Possess license to practice medicine in the State of
- Eligible for and maintains admitting hospital privileges at
- Possess good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good judgment and decision---making skills.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited medical residency program.
- Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine or
American Board of Family Medicine or is Board eligible.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical requirements and work environment described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position
requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones,
computers and other office equipment. The position requires the
physical ability to kneel, bend and perform light lifting. This
person must have the ability to write and speak clearly using the
English language to convey information and be able to hear at
normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no
exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous
materials. This person must have the ability to travel as required
to work with staff.
Security Clearance Required:--NoVisa Candidate Considered:--No
Keywords: Progeny Human Resource Solutions, Bridgeport , Internal Medicine Physician General Internist - Physicians Only Apply - Perm, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!