Credit Review Officer
Company: The Huntington National Bank
Posted on: November 18, 2021
DescriptionThe Credit Review Officer leverages analytics and
data to evaluate the performance of commercial credit assets and
lending processes, perform detailed examinations of credit decision
making, anticipate risk migration issues within the credit
portfolios, and provide independent assurance to the Board of
Directors that the risk/reward profile of credit assets is
consistent with management objectives and risk appetite. Conduct
examinations of multiple Commercial Credit Lines (including C-I,
CRE, and specialty loans) and related credit life cycle support
functions. Attend credit quality meetings with the business unit
credit staff as well as problem loan meetings. Analyze
macro-economic, industry, and market data impact on portfolio
performance, identify early warnings and emerging risks. Assess
models used to make credit decisions. Perform root cause analysis
for both superior and under-performing products and/or processes.
Interpret results, summarize findings, develop recommendations, and
present to senior management. Routinely follow up on identified
issues and update senior management and the Board of Directors with
information regarding the identification, measurement and
management of credit risk for assigned business units.Basic
- Bachelor's degree required or 4 years of additional Bank or
Financial Services Credit underwriting or analysis experience.
- 10 or more years of commercial underwriting and
- Knowledge of traditional commercial credit products, variables
that contribute to credit risk, and associated quality and
performance metric indicators.
- Completed formal credit training is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of rules based strategy decision engines
- Prior experience in credit risk management banking environment
- Working knowledge of Retail Products, Capital Markets and/or
Risk Analysis is a plus.
- Experience in extracting information from large datasets using
various statistical analysis tools.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Results oriented/delivery focused; able to deliver high quality
results under tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working independently in a dynamic and challenging
- PM Team Lead or RCO experience desired.EEO/AA
Orientation/Gender IdentityTobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit
Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.Agency Statement:
Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters
for any positionCategoryLoan OfficersEducationBachelor's
DegreeExperience10 to 20+ yearsJob typeFull time
Keywords: The Huntington National Bank, Bridgeport , Credit Review Officer, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!