Respiratory Therapist / Respiratory Care
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Schedule: Part Time
Shift: Shift 2
Details: 32hrs Evening. Every other weekend and
where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000
Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in
common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters
here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most
comprehensive healthcare network.
Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It
includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient
psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider
group, and special needs services for adults and children. St.
Vincent’s is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be
integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the
system’s second-largest hospital.
- Provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of
treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and
provides information about community support groups and other
- Assesses patient's conditions in order to identify the most
appropriate mode of therapy.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of therapy, suggesting
alternatives when appropriate.
- Maintains infection control policies related to patient
- Understands and demonstrates competency on all equipment
- Performs baseline pulmonary function screening and weaning
- Understands and safely administers medications related to
- Other Duties as assigned #HHC.
Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the
Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education: Completion of a Resp. Care
Work Experience: 6 months to 1 year. Will consider
We take great care of
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth.
Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping
to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community
education to countless men, women and children. We know that
a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide
a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life
balance. Every moment matters. And this is your
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Bridgeport , Respiratory Therapist / Respiratory Care, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!