Respiratory Therapist (Sign On Bonus)
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 36
Job Shift: Shift 3
Shift Details: Rotating as needed. Primarily
nights and evening shift.
Sign On Bonus
Work whereevery momentmatters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincents is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the systems second-largest hospital.
- Provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of
treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan. Monitors, records
and communicates patient condition. Performs advanced respiratory
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications,
and treatment based on patient outcomes.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and
provides information about community support groups and other
- Assesses patient's conditions in order to identify the most
appropriate mode of therapy.
- Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of therapy, suggesting
alternatives when appropriate.
- Maintains infection control policies related to patient
- Understands and demonstrates competency on all equipment
- Performs baseline pulmonary function screening and weaning
- Understands and safely administers medications related to
- Other Duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner credentialed from the
Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Completion of a Resp. Care Program.
- 6 months to 1 year. Will consider new graduate.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this isyour moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Bridgeport , Respiratory Therapist (Sign On Bonus), Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!