Credentialing Coordinator (Per Diem) - Physician Liaison and Sales
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most
comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincents is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the systems second-largest hospital.
- Function as a liaison for local medical staff and
administration, maintain knowledge of hospital bylaws, rules and
regulations, policies and procedures, TJC, CMS, DPH and other state
and federal regulatory requirements.
- Complete the Medical Staff initial application process.
Evaluate and conduct quality review of each new application file
once delivered from the CVO.
- Identify any outstanding verifications and red flag concerns.
Recognize, investigate and validate discrepancies and adverse
information obtained from the application, primary source
verifications, or other sources.
- Prepare files for Department Chairperson and Credentials
Committee review including preparing provider bios. Determine if
applicants meet the qualifications and criteria for membership
and/or clinical privileges.
- Notify Director of MSO, Department Chairperson, and
Chairperson, Credentials Committee as appropriate. Make
recommendations of how issues and concerns may be addressed.
- Determine if applicants meet the requirements for temporary
privileges and coordinate the approval process. Ensure that
provider applications are processed in a timely manner through the
Credentials, MEC and Board.
- Initiate onboarding process for Medical/Allied Health Staff
with communication to applicable parties.
- Processes Medical Staff reappointments and ensure that
providers are reappointed within a two-year period. Recognize,
investigate and validate discrepancies and adverse information
obtained from the application, primary source verifications, or
other sources. Determine if providers meet the qualifications and
criteria for reappointment and clinical privileges. Flag areas of
concern for Department Chairs and prepare for Department
- Assure regulatory compliance of medical staff standards
inclusive of TJC, State of CT, CMS, and hospital bylaws.
Participate in the development of and make recommendations to
standardize policies and procedures to support medical staff
functions. Assists in preparation of hospital accreditation and
- Oversee and/or verify all expirables including: license, DEA,
CSR, Malpractice, board certification and other certifications as
needed and report concerns to practitioner, Department Chairperson
and MSO leadership.
- Assists with the FPPE and OPPE process.
- Maintain the medical staff office and physicians' credentials
and peer review files in a confidential, organized, current, and
- Update data in ECHO following Credentials/MEC/BOARD to reflect
new/temporary privileges and resigned privileges. Responsible for
the accuracy and integrity of the data.
- Coordinate/support the Credentials and Medical Executive
- Associates degree and/or equivalent experience required,
Bachelors degree in business management or related field
- 2 years direct experience in hospital medical staff services or
other credentialing or healthcare administrative position
Licensure, Certification, Registration:
- National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) Certified
Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) required. If not
certified, obtain certification within 1 year of meeting the NAMSS
- National Association Medical Staff Services Certification in
Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) preferred.
- 3 years hospital credentialing experience and/or provider
- Professional and effective oral and written communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and proprietary database
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Bridgeport , Credentialing Coordinator (Per Diem) - Physician Liaison and Sales, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!