RN SPECIALTY TEAM COORD-Main OR-Evenings
Company: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
Posted on: May 3, 2021
RN Specialty Team Coordinator-Main OR- 3-11:30PM (no weekends, no
holidays, no call)
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Responsible and accountable for planning, organizing, directing and
controlling of surgical sub-specialty services. Collaborates with
the NM in the preparation of revenue and expense budgets including
human, financial and material resources. Provides clinical
leadership through development and maintenance of standards of
specialty surgery, clinical practice, participation in nursing
division and surgery sections committee. Works collaboratively with
Surgery Section Chiefs to promote proactive, effective, interactive
shared governance relationship in the management of specialty
services. Essential duties and responsibilities include the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1.Implements intra-operative nursing care in accordance with
PCS division standards of practice, hospital, community, national
standards and regulatory agency requirements.
- 1.1Monitors, revises, and adapts current specialty nursing
practice in light of changing concepts, methods, techniques and
written standards of care.
- 2.Organizes and implements specialty program modification and
development based on departmental goals/objectives and physician
- 2.1Develops realistic annual objectives for specialty service
as directed by NM.
- 3.Communicates operating room concerns, operations, practice
changes and medical-legal issues to NM.
- 3.1Resolves problems at lowest level and uses appropriate chain
of command to address program areas.
- 4.Directs and coordinates nursing care activities of surgical
specialty services supervised.
- 4.1Provides direct patient care to maintain clinical and
technical expertise and to serve as a role model to staff.
- 5.Facilitates specialty service materials needs through
systematic maintenance of materials resources.
- 5.1Effectively coordinates processing, storage, restocking and
inventory of specialty instruments, supplies and equipment in
collaboration with materials staff.
- 6.Supports and executes materials management program developed
by the hospital and department.
- 6.1Establishes an efficient service specific material locator
- 7.Maintains efficient resource information of case-procedures
performed by assigned surgical specialties.
- 7.1Works collaboratively with Surgery MIS Manager in the
development of an efficient surgery scheduling database.
- 8.Ensures timely completion of scheduled cases assigned to
- 8.1Collaborates with the Control Desk Coordinator to
efficiently plan the coordination of surgical cases scheduled to
services by delegating leadership role to staff with proven
- 9.Maintains credentialling requirements..
- 9.1Completes 10 CEU's annually.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. Bachelors degree in
Minimum 3-5 years experience in OR-Intraoperative Services
required. Progressive leadership experience desirable with proven
track record of success in program development or participation,
program implementation in areas of clinical patient care
management, staff development and specialty services materials
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of
Connecticut. All newly hired Registered Nurses must have current
BCLS certification or obtain within one month of hire.
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing and
touch; moving/lifting patients of verying weights.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, Bridgeport , RN SPECIALTY TEAM COORD-Main OR-Evenings, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!