Company: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Performs a variety of diversified duties involving sonographic
related procedures. Assists clinician under his/her direction.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
- 1.Performs a variety of diagnostic ultrasound procedures.
- 1.1Uses "State of the art" techniques to demonstrate both
normal and abnormal anatomy as prescribed and observed by
- 2.Assists Radiologist with special procedures such as biopsies,
utilizing specialized sonographic techniques.
- 2.1Assists Radiologist in invasive procedures in a competent
manner as noted by supervisor and Radiologist.
- 3.Prepares requisitions with codes, charges and pertinent
information for billing and dictations.
- 3.1Issues codes and charges for each exam and any accessory
items used during procedure with accuracy as observed by
- 4.Maintains work stations and equipment.
- 4.1Cleans equipment according to manufacturer as observed by
- 5.Contributes to an effective quality management and quality
control program for assigned area that is consistent with overall
departmental/hospital quality management plan.
- 5.1Monitors Q.A. activities in accordance to section plan as
observed by supervisor.
- 6.Instructs Radiology residents and students that rotate
regularly through the department.
- 6.1Reviews departmental procedures with each resident that
rotates through the department as indicated by resident feedback
and supervisory observation.
- 7.Assists in the procurement of supplies.
- 7.1Checks inventory to maintain adequate levels of supplies as
observed by supervisor.
- 8.Plans and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 8.1Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from
adolescence to old age and applies development theories/concepts
when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as
observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from
- 9.Types all applicable information into the computer
- 9.1Types all demographic patient information from the consult
into department computer according to computer program and
department protocol with no more than five errors per year as
- 10.Patient Satisfaction: ED & Inpatient scores Inpatient Wait
Time: ED Wait Time: ED Courtesy:
High school diploma or equivalent; Graduate of a qualified
Sonography Program from an accredited school.
Minimum of one year experience preferred
ARDMS Certification or eligible
Part time; Evenings with rotating weekends, holidays and on
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and
talk or hear. They may frequently be required to sit; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. They may
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus. The employee is regularly exposed to moving
mechanical parts and risk of radiation. They are frequently exposed
to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The
noise level in the work environment is usaully moderate. Incumbents
as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled
must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without
assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, Bridgeport , Ultrasonographer, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!