Interventional Radiology-Special Procedures Technician
Company: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Performs a variety of technical procedures that require the
utilization of specialized angiographic equipment for the delivery
of interventional procedures. Essential duties and responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Under the
supervision of the Administrative Manager, Imaging Services and/or
Diagnostic Manager, performs a wide variety of technical and
professional duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce
quality IR images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the
radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and
organizational policies and procedures., Promotes service
excellence in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in
the YNHHS Core Success Factors.
- 1.Operates specialized radiographic equipment for technique
selection, filming, and processing of specialized radiographic
- 1.1Operates all special procedure equipment and angiographic
injectors and associated patient monitoring equipment in accordance
with manufacturers instructions as observed by supervisor.
- 2.Employs special imaging techniques to enhance the diagnostic
quality of the radiographic image.
- 2.1Performs radiographs with a minimum occurrence of errors
through the selection of appropriated technical factors.
- 3.Utilizes angiographic catheters and guide wires as
- 3.1Assists with the selection and preparation of catheters and
guide wires according to departmental protocols as indicated by
physician feedback and supervisory observation.
- 4.Performs patient care prior to procedures.
- 4.1Always thoroughly explains the procedure to the patient as
indicated by patient feedback and supervisory observation.
- 5.Responsible for the scheduling/coordination of patient
- 5.1Schedules both in-patient and out-patient procedures in
accordance with department protocols as indicated by random review
of patient schedules.
- 6.Maintains records as directed.
- 6.1Completes appropriate forms at completion of all special
procedures in accordance with department guidelines as indicated by
random supervisory review of forms.
- 7.Transfers and positions patients and provides immobilization
- 7.1Controls the positioning and transferring of patients
undergoing special radiographic examinations in accordance with
departmental protocols as observed by supervisor.
- 8.Assists with the instruction of special techniques for staff
and residents as directed.
- 8.1Instructs staff members in special techniques and use of
specialized instrumentation/equipment in accordance with department
protocols as observed by supervisor.
- 9.Assists with the procurement, inventory and storage of
- 9.1Reviews inventory levels periodically to assure adequate
levels of inventories as observed by supervisor.
- 10.Plans and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 10.1Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from
adolescence to old age and applies development theories/concepts
when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as
observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from
- 11.Types all applicable information into the computer
- 11.1Types all demographic patient information from the consult
into department computer according to computer program and
department protocol with no more than five errors per year as
observed by supervisor.
- 12.Contributes to an effective quality management and quality
control program for assigned area that is consistent with overall
departmental/hospital quality management plan.
- 12.1Monitors Q.A. activities in accordance to section plan as
observed by supervisor.
- 13.Patient Satisfaction: ED & Inpatient scores Inpatient Wait
Time: ED Wait Time: ED Courtesy:
AART (R) (CV Preferred)
Minimum of three years diagnostic experience. Interventional
Radiology - Special Procedures; Neuro experience preferred.
State of CT Licensure
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger,handle, or feel; and
talk or hear. They may frequently be required to sit; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. They may
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus. Incumbents as well as external and internal
applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the
essential job functions with or without the assistance of
reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, Bridgeport , Interventional Radiology-Special Procedures Technician, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!