Psychiatric Tech II
Company: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Working collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary
treatment team, the Milieu Counselor is assigned to and works under
the direction of a Registered Nurse, participating in carrying out
nursing interventions to provide patients with opportunities for
learning and adaptive ways of coping. The Milieu Counselor works
collaboratively with the licensed staff on the ongoing development
of the milieu and activities that promote quality patient
- 1.Collaborates with the Registered Nurse in the application of
principles of patient assessment.
- 1.1Demonstrates basic skills in collecting data by interviewing
patient and identifying overt and covert problems as observed by
- 2.Collaborates with the Registered Nurse in the application of
principles for planning patient care.
- 2.1Collaborates with RN in problem identification for nursing
- 3.Works with the Registered Nurse in the application of
principles for planning patient care.
- 3.1Collaborates with RN in problem identification for nursing
care plans as observed by supervisor.
- 4.Works with the Registered Nurse in the application of
principles of implementation of care.
- 4.1Bases care on specific identified patient needs as observed
- 5.Works with the Registered Nurse in the application of
principles of evaluation of patient care.
- 5.1Reviews patient condition with RN against expected
- 6.Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for
- 6.1Demonstrates compliance with legal, regulatory codes, and
- 7.Demonstrates interest in self development.
- 7.1Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as
evidenced by ongoing communication with supervisor.
- 8.Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of
MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 8.1Remove medication(s) from the pneumatic tube system sent
from the Pharmacy or Hospital Supply to the unit/patient care
Associates degree required. Bachelor degree and Certified Nursing
Assistant certification preferred
Minimum two (2) years prior experience in Psychology and or related
field, working with specialized populations such as adults,
adolescents and or children and families with psychiatric
Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team to
communicate and effectively deal with complex effectively charged
situations and possess group facilitation and crisis management
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with
hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand
and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities require include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, Bridgeport , Psychiatric Tech II, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!