Rad. Tech. - Per Diem
Company: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Performs radiographic procedures within assigned areas in
accordance with department protocols.Essential duties and
responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- 1.Performs all diagnostic radiographic and fluoroscopic
procedures within assigned areas.
- 1.1Performs radiographs in a prompt and professional manner as
observed by supervisor and staff and patient feedback.
- 2.Reviews all necessary documentation to perform diagnostic
- 2.1Reviews all radiologic consults for information or special
instructions as observed by radiologists, medical staff and
- 3.Performs preventative visual and manual inspections for each
radiographic room/equipment assigned ensuring appropriate
maintenance and cleanliness.
- 3.1Performs daily room/equipment inspections. Reports all
necessary problems to appropriate individual as indicated by random
review of equipment log.
- 4.Participates in the training and development,instruction of
staff and radiology students.
- 4.1Monitors student techs in the performance of their clinical
duties in accordance with program guidelines, as observed by
- 5.Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional
- 5.1Demonstrates ability to function in any position within
assigned areas to ensure continuation of patient services as
required as observed by supervisor.
- 6.Accurately enters all applicable information and charges for
- 6.1Types all demographic patient information from the x-ray
consult into department computer according to computer program and
department protocol, with no more than five errors per year, as
observed by the supervisor.
- 7.Plans and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 7.1Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from
adolescence to old age and applies development theories/concepts
when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as
observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from
- 8.Contributes to an effective quality management and quality
control program for assigned area that is consistent with overall
departmental/hospital quality management plan.
- 8.1Monitors Q.A. activities in accordance to section plan as
observed by supervisor.
- 9.Patient Satisfaction: ED &Inpatient scores Inpatient Wait
Time: ED Wait Time :ED Courtesy
Graduate of a Certified Radiology Program
Experience preferred but not required
State of CT Licensure. ARRT registered or eligible
Per Diem/As needed
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and
talk or hear. They may frequently be required to sit; climb or
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. They may
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, Bridgeport , Rad. Tech. - Per Diem, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!