Nurse Navigator (RN) / OR Cardio Vascular
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Job Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 32
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: Shift 1, four 8 hr shifts.
Work whereevery momentmatters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincents is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the systems second-largest hospital.
- In conjunction with the Heart Failure/Cardiology Providers and
the Heart and Vascular Institute, the HVI nurse navigator is
responsible to develop evidence based processes that improve the
overall care of our heart failure and MI patient population. The
navigator will collaborate with all other disciplines to provide
education, support, and consultation to enhance the quality of care
delivered and facilitate optimum development of all services
related to heart failure and MI patients.
- Communicate with the multidisciplinary team, patients, and
their families to assist with creating a follow up discharge plan
that facilitates care continuity across the health care system,
including scheduling follow up appointments.
- Coordinates heart failure and MI care management across the
continuum of care, including planning and implementing of clinical
protocols/practice management guidelines serving as a resource for
- Provides leadership in performance improvement activities on
the patient units communicating findings as appropriate to nursing
managers/directors. Collects data for analysis of quality and
outcome management. Collaborates with providers offices to improve
cohesiveness between hospital and office settings.
- Monitors clinical outcomes and readmission rates pertaining to
system issues and quality of care delivery. Develops quality
filters, audits, and case reviews.
- Stabilizes the complex network of healthcare disciplines in
order to provide high quality care. Serves as an internal resource
for staff in all departments.
- Participates in system wide committees and quality initiatives
related to heart failure and MI to ensure competence and execution
- Other duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
One or more of the following:
- Current Connecticut License Registered Nurse.
- Nursing certification related such as Cardiac Vascular (CV-BC),
or Medical Surgical (MEDSURG-BC) OR Masters degree
required if no nursing certification.
- Certified Heart Failure Nurse (CHFN) or Certified Heart Failure
Nurse-Knowledge (CHFN-K) or other related cardiology field
- Bachelors Degree in health related or business field. Masters
Degree in health related or business field.
- Three years of experience in a clinical area (cardiology) or
- Three years cardiology experience.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with providers and other
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this isyour moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Bridgeport , Nurse Navigator (RN) / OR Cardio Vascular, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!