Supervisor, Assisted Living SALSA
Job Objective: To
assure Assisted Living Residents receive the support, core services
and experiences that promote quality of life in the assisted living
Education: Degree is a social services/human services or
related field with related with supervisory/management
Experience: 4 years in health care environment/field
coordinating services for 55+
Licensure: Valid Motor Vehicle Driver's License.
Professional license is not required.
1. Welcome all new Residents and
families in Assisted Living on the day of their move in and assist
their transition as necessary.
2. Ensure that all preparation
(room cleaning, paperwork, manuals, etc.) are prepared and
available for individuals before they move in.
3. Coordinate Resident needs with
appropriate departments and individuals.
4. Spend time with each individual
to ensure satisfaction and comfort in new home. Introduce new
Residents to staff and other Residents, and help find activities to
ensure their experience is positive.
5. Address questions and concerns
and assist with resolutions.
6. Follow up with all necessary
departments and individuals to ensure satisfactory
7. Remain available as necessary
after Resident's transition to household.
8. Work with Director, Resident
Life and Coordinator, Volunteers to expand/evaluate/enhance
Resident Life activities.
9. Coordinate special events with
Dining Services encouraging families to utilize Private Dining
Rooms, Guest Suites, Special Events, Holidays, Candlelight Dinners,
10. Attend funerals/shivahs/wakes
of A/L Residents or ensure that someone from the Home is in
11. Provide support as
requested/required from supervisor of assisted living
1. Flexible hours.
2. Exceptional communication
3. Ability to work with all levels
of staff and address problems in a constructive and positive
4. Assure Resident/patient care
delivered in accordance with regulations and professional
5. Assist with scheduling
6. Monitor training and overall
7. Communicate with families and
medical professionals as needed.
8. Help with coordination of
activities and trips.
9. Ensure all complaints/concerns
are addressed and resolved and documented.
10. Monitor and order supplies as
11. Coordinate physician visits to
JSS clinic or outside visits, including transportation and other
support as required.
12. Work with Admissions to ensure
a smooth move in process.
13. Review monthly financials
statements to ensure budget is met.
14. Represent JSS in building
15. Organize day to day operations
by fielding calls and report issues/concerns to SALSA.
16. Meet with Residents monthly
and facilitate and document household Council Meetings. Respond to
concerns and suggestions/recommendations.
1. Adaptability to take on other
duties as required or assigned.
2. Assist with administrative
and Mental Requirements
1. Ability to sit or stand for
long periods of time.
2. Ability to speak and write
clearly and be understood.
3. Able to hear sounds within some
background of noise as in answering the phone, intercom,
4. Visual acuity to see computer
and read printed documents.
5. Ability to distinguish between
6. Ability to concentrate on fine
details with interruptions.
7. Ability to attend to
tasks/functions for more than 60 minutes at a time.
8. Ability to understand and
relate to the reasons behind several related concepts.
9. Ability to remember multiple
tasks /assignments given to self and others over long periods of
10. Ability to perform tasks which
require hand eye coordination such as keyboard skills, writing or
picking up paper.
1. Possible exposure to blood,
body tissue or fluids.
2. Possible exposure to high/low
3. Travel to meet with prospective
Residents/Family members at their homes and other forms of