Company: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Under the supervision of the Imaging Services Administrative
Manager, performs a wide variety of technical and professional
duties utilizing complex imaging equipment to produce quality MRI
images as requested for subsequent interpretation by the
radiologist. All duties are performed according to departmental and
organizational policies and procedures. Promotes service excellence
in all interactions as outlined in the Key Behaviors in the
Bridgeport Hospital Core Success Factors.
- 1.Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties
utilizing complex MRI scanner equipment.
- 1.1Follows routine protocols when imaging and refers to the
doctor's exam requisition to ensure the correct exam is
- 2.Performs quality and compassionate patient care in order to
ensure cooperation, safety, and satisfaction.
- 2.1Thoroughly explains the procedure to the patient to offer
them the emotional support to endure and complete the exam.
- 3.Accurately documents all pertinent patient information
including contrast amounts administered, contrast waste, patient
lab values and safety issues.
- 3.1Accurately completes/edits charges for exams.
- 4.Participates in various teaching and learning opportunities
in order to further his/her personal knowledge and professional
- 4.1Keeps current with new imaging protocols and new advanced
techniques introduced in the field of Magnetic Resonance
- 5.Demonstrate accuracy for safely screening for patients and
- 5.1Review and verify that the patient safety screener
information is accurate to ensure safety prior to the MRI
- 6.Plans and and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 6.1Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from
adolescence to old age and applies developmental theories/concepts
when planning and implementing care for the adult pateint as
observed by the manager and as indicated by the staff.
- 7.Demonstrate the ablity to effectively communicate pertinent
- 7.1Communicates effectively with patients throughout the exam
to ensure cooperation for a quality exam as observed by
- 8.Consults with the radiologist in charge for required exam
prior to patient scanning.
- 8.1Consults with the radiologist prior to patient exam for
non-protocol exams as observed by the radiologist feedback.
- 9.Patient Satisfaction: ED & Inpatient scores Inpatient Wait
Time: ED Wait Time: ED Courtesy:
Graduation from an A.M.A. approved Radiologic Technology
Demonstrated technical skills to meet entry level standards of
routine Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
RT(R) required, (MR) perferred. CT State License Required.
Proficient in routine MRI imaging techniques, knowledge of cross
section anatomy, computer applications, and good organizational and
communication/customer service skills.
Must be able to lift a minimum of 40 pounds to assist with patient
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, Bridgeport , MRI Tech, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!