Ultrasound Technologist (Per Diem)
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts
most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute (HHC CI) is a certified
member of the Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) Cancer Alliance.
Through the bi-directional collaboration facilitated by this
partnership, community providers are better positioned to provide
state-of-the-art, evidence-based cancer care to improve the lives
of cancer patients. Together, the Hartford Healthcare Cancer
Institute and Memorial Sloan Kettering are staying ahead of
The Hartford HealthCare Cancer Institute focuses on offering our
cancer patients an unparalleled network of coordinated services all
under one roof. Our system of care includes a truly integrated team
with the most talented, experienced, and compassionate caregivers
and physicians, backed by the latest cutting-edge technology.
The Ultrasound Technologist performs diagnostic procedures on
patients using ultrasound waves to examine tissue and body
structure, providing quality images to radiologists and physicians
for interpretation. Responsibilities include but, are not limited
to the following:
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers
transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists physician in a
variety of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and
- Performance of sterile processing of equipment.
- Follows protocols and or physician specific orders. Reviews
prior images/reports/patient history as needed.
- Participate in various teaching and mentoring of ultrasound
- Able to perform on all age groups from infant to
- Organizes processed images, measurements, calculations and
other data in a logical sequence for presentation to the physician
for interpretation. Consults with the physician as applicable
regarding the quality of images and data obtained.
- Graduate of an accredited Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Registered Radiology Technician specializing in Sonography
credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
- Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Minimum of one year competency in diagnostic medical sonography
- Proficient in real time, color flow, doppler, transvaginal,
biopsies, interventional procedures.
- Specific levels of knowledge in the following subspecialties,
small parts, abdomen, obstetrics, gynecology, peripheral doppler,
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Bridgeport , Ultrasound Technologist (Per Diem), Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!