Catering Associate - Nutrition Service
Company: William Backus Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
Position Summary: Delivers meal carts to units and trays to
- Passes and retrieves meal trays to patients on a unit.
- Returns dirty trays to department.
- Performs assorted kitchen duties including sanitation, set-up,
and completing temperature logs.
- Solves patient/customer problems and responds to patient food
- Introduces meal services program to patients in a friendly and
caring manner. Explains menu choices to patient.
- Assists patients with meal selections prior to each meal based
on their prescribed therapeutic diet and food preferences.
- Assembles trays according to patient's menu on tray tickets in
a timely and accurate manner.
- Interacts with nursing to ensure that patients' diet
prescriptions are accurate and food needs are met.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Ability to interact effectively with patients and their family
members and nursing staff.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- One(1) year experience in a health care food service setting
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: William Backus Hospital, Bridgeport , Catering Associate - Nutrition Service, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!