Posted on: May 3, 2021
Aquarion Water Company is the public water supply company for
more than 625,000 people in 52 cities and towns throughout
Connecticut, as well as serving customers in Massachusetts and New
Hampshire. It is the largest investor-owned water utility in New
England and among the seven largest in the U.S. Based in
Bridgeport, CT, it has been in the public water supply business
since 1857. Across its operations, Aquarion strives to act as a
responsible steward of the environment and to assist the
communities it serves in promoting sustainable practices. Aquarion
Water Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Eversource.
The Buyer reports directly to the Director of Procurement and is
responsible for the overall procurement of commodities and services
through the development and implementation of procurement
strategies and plans as well as the management of
Main responsibilities include:
- Manage supplier/contractor base including implementing and
managing e-bid process, maintaining records (insurance, contracts,
agreements, etc), interacting daily via various methods of
communication (phone, video conference, in person meetings).
- Maintain adequate stock of PPE supplies and work directly with
our safety, uniform and MRO suppliers.
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs
where possible by developing creative and innovative procurement
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency,
add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of
- Work directly with all other departments on procurement
projects and daily activities relating to procurement processes and
- Deliver briefs, updates, and reports as and when
- Provide back-up to our Procurement Specialist for processing
purchase requisitions and various other transactions
processed within our ERP system.
- Contributes to the overall success of the company by performing
all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as
excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of performance in meeting key
organizational objectives in the areas of cost savings, customer
service, and quality performance.
- Experience with contract negotiation and contract maintenance
to ensure that company objectives of intellectual property
protection, continuous price improvement and shared risk/reward are
- Knowledge of any of the following systems a plus, but not
required: SAP, Procureware, Concur, ISNetworld, HQSpend.
- BA or BS in Business, Finance, Economics or related subject
Aquarion Water Company is an equal opportunity employer, and we
prohibit discrimination based on age, color, disability, marital or
parental status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any
other legally protected status in accordance with applicable
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Aquarion, Bridgeport , Buyer, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!