Radiologic Technologist (Per Diem) - Imaging Center Diagnostic
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most
comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincents is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the systems second-largest hospital.
Takes radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to
aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for x-rays and selects exposure
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications
within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal
activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents
patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Participate in a variety of teaching activities and mentoring
of radiography students.
- Able to explain procedures to patients for their safety and
comfort during exams and perform other duties as needed
- Able to perform on all age groups from infant to adult
- Assure appropriateness of procedure by reviewing the radiology
order placed prior to performing exam.
- Hospital location only- able to perform independently in the
OR, using the c-arm and portables to perform images and
- Hospital location only- can perform all routine and specialized
imaging procedures (arthrogram, urology, pain management,
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Radiology Technician specializing in Radiology
credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Radiology Technician specializing in Radiology
credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
(ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education: Associates in Radiology: Minimum Degree
Work Experience: At least one year but new graduate will be
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Rushford, Bridgeport , Radiologic Technologist (Per Diem) - Imaging Center Diagnostic, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!