MRI Technologist (Per Diem) - Radiology
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most
comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincents is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the systems second-largest hospital.
Position Summary: Operates a magnetic resonance scanner to
obtain images used by physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and
technical parameters accurately to produce cross-sectional images
of the body.
- Performs patient pre-screening, scheduling, and education
related to the examination.
- Enters and monitors patient data, transfers images from disk to
magnetic media to produce the transparency, and develops film in an
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain certification as required
- Able to perform on all age groups from infant to
- Assure appropriateness of procedure by reviewing the radiology
order placed prior to performing exam. Should be able to explain
procedure to patients for their safety and comfort during
- Participate in various teaching and mentoring of
- Possess basic venipuncture and IV insertion skills for the
administration of contrast materials.
- Practice infection control protocols and practice standard
- Other Duties as assigned
Licensure / Certification / Registration (Required):
- Registered Radiology Technician specializing in Magnetic
Resonance Imaging credentialed from the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained prior to hire date or job
- Licensed Radiology Technician specializing in Magnetic
Resonance Imaging credentialed from the Connecticut Department of
Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- Preferred Credential(s): Certified BLS Provider credentialed
from the American Heart Association(AHA) and Certified BLS Provider
credentialed from the American Red Cross.
Education: Completion of JRCERT accredited Radiography
program (AART) with six month competency training in MRI.
Work Experience: Six month experience in Magnetic Resonance
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Bridgeport , MRI Technologist (Per Diem) - Radiology, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!