Genetic Counselor - Perinatology
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most
comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincents is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the systems second-largest hospital.
- Provides genetic counseling to patients and counseling and
coordination services for other screening programs.
- Provides counseling and psychological support to patients and
- Interprets complex genetic and laboratory data/test results.
Communicates findings with physician.
- Assists patients with navigation of financial aspects
associated with genetic testing.
- Assists with diagnosing genetic problems and develops short and
long term genetic counseling plans.
- Completes a full risk assessment to determine eligibility for
- Determine and coordinates surveillance and/or treatment plans
based on patient history, diagnostic data and genetic testing
- Assesses patients psychological or emotional needs and make
referral recommendations to assist patients in managing testing
- Educates the community about genetics and services
- Other Duties as assigned
Masters in Genetics/Genetic Counseling.
Genetic Counseling preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, Bridgeport , Genetic Counselor - Perinatology, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!