REGISTERED NURSE-Med/Surg NW7
Company: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
A registered professional nurse who utilizes the nursing process in
providing nursing care and assumes the responsibility and
accountability for prescribing, delegating and coordinating that
- 1.Demonstrates basic skill in assessment of health care
- 1.1Demonstrates basic skill in interviewing, observing and
collecting health care data, performing systems assessment,
identifying patient support system on admission according to
- 2.Demonstrates basic skill in planning for patient health care
- 2.1Initiates clinical pathway utilizing admission assessment
and guidelines for nursing care according to hospital
- 3.Demonstrates basic skills in implementing care to meet
patient care needs.
- 3.1Prioritizes patient care based on assessment.
- 4.Demonstrates basic skill in evaluating care delivered.
- 4.1Assesses patient responses to medical and nursing
interventions based on expected outcomes.
- 5.Documents outcomes appropriately, accurately and
- 5.1Completes Admission Assessment Forms.
- 6.Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional
- 6.1Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as
evidenced by completion of self assessment skills checklist and
ongoing communication with supervisor.
- 7.Performs decentralized laboratory testing as credentialed and
following established policies and procedures.
- 7.1Appropriately collects specimens, performs test and
Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing. Those with a
Diploma or Associate's Degree need to show evidence that they are
actively enrolled in a BSN or MSN program.
Acute Care RN experience preferred.
Licensed and a currently registered nurse in the State of
Connecticut. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) training must be
obtained prior to employment or within one (1) month of hire. Other
specialty trainings/certifications, if required for your practice
setting, must be obtained within twenty-four (24) months of hire.
This includes, but is not limited to ACLS, TNCC, ENPC, PALS, NRP,
EFM, and ONC. RN must maintain required specialty
trainings/certifications at all times during employment. If any
training/certification expires, the RN will be suspended until it
is obtained and documented.
Good interpersonal skills. Successful completion of
Requires prolonged standing; walking; use of sight, hearing and
touch; moving/lifting patients of varying weights.
YNHHS Requisition ID
Keywords: Yale-New Haven Hospital Saint Raphael Campus, Bridgeport , REGISTERED NURSE-Med/Surg NW7, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!