Weekend Only-Registered Nurse (RN) - OR General Surgery
Posted on: May 3, 2021
$30,000 SIGN-ON BONUS OFFERED!!!
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticuts most
comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincents Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincents is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the systems second-largest hospital.
Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
Promote safe care for patients undergoing operative and other
invasive procedures through evidence based practices as the RN
Provides support to the surgical team for maintaining a high level
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess
patients and to identify physical, psychosocial, cultural,
spiritual and age related needs in order to provide individualized
care to the patient.
- Reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with
documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety standards
- Communicate with patients, teammates, and physicians to ensure
continuity of care
- Assess patients prior to surgery (e.g. NPO status) and
alleviate their concerns
- Prepare the operating room for surgery (supplies, implants,
- Check equipment & troubleshoot as needed
- Assume responsibility of keeping the operating room
- Position and prepare patient on operating table
- Monitor patients vital signs to detect anomalies
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions
- Pass medical instruments or other objects to the surgeon during
operation when scrubbed
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
- Current 2 years experience as Operating Room Nurse (scrub is a
plus, not required)
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Team Player
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A great team player with excellent communication skills
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Rushford, Bridgeport , Weekend Only-Registered Nurse (RN) - OR General Surgery, Other , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!