Job Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 32
Job Shift: Shift 3
Shift Details: Nights with w/e call requirenment
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 25,000Hartford HealthCare employees come to
work with one thing in common: Pride inwhat we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to becomepart of
Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than
3,200employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital,
a 76-bedinpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty providergroup, and special needs services for adults
and children. St. Vincent’s is thefirst hospital in Fairfield
County to be integrated into the HartfordHealthCare network, and is
the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
and communicatespatient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
withmembers of the healthcare team.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess
patients andto identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual
and age-related needsin order to provide individualized care to the
• Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel
consistent withtheir level of education and expertise in order
to meet patients' needs andto maximize staff performance.
• Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds.
Demonstratesknowledge of patients' condition and is able to provide
appropriate input tomeet desired outcomes for the appropriate
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015),
ANA Codeof Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement
• Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of
• Participates in activities for professional growth and
developmentoutside of patient care.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Associate degree required, BSN preferred and Two years of
experience Critical Care experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.