Job Schedule: Part Time
Standard Hours: 32
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: day / eve rotation
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
• Provides direct nursing care in accordance with established
procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
• Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records
communicates patient condition as appropriate.
• Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
• Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
of the healthcare team.
• Other Duties as assigned
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess
patients and to
identify physical, psychosocial, cultural, spiritual and
age-related needs in
order to provide individualized care to the patient.
• Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel
consistent with their
level of education and expertise in order to meet patients'
needs and to
maximize staff performance.
• Participates in daily interdisciplinary patient rounds.
of patients' condition and is able to provide appropriate input
to meet desired
outcomes for the appropriate patient population.
• Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015),
ANA Code of
Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
• Develops, implements and revises individualized plans of
• Participates in activities for professional growth and
development outside of
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
• Required Credential(s):
• Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut
Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
• One or more of the following:
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart
(AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job
• Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red
within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
• Associate degree required, BSN preferred and Two years of
experience Critical Care experience preferred.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.