: 40 hours per week; may include rotating weekends &
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s
most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent’s Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200
employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a
76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large
multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for
adults and children. St. Vincent’s is the first hospital in
Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare
network, and is the system’s second-largest hospital.
The Sterile Products Pharmacy Technicians assist Pharmacists in
the preparation of non-hazardous and hazardous (oncology) sterile
• Assists in the preparation and distribution of medications
throughout the hospital which includes in-patient unit dose
dispensing and out-patient dispensing.
• Performs computer activities to maintain patient profiles,
entry of charges and credits and generation of unit dose fill
• Restocks crash cart medications, including documentation and
• Fills emergency boxes and stat boxes, including documentation,
expiration date checking and follow through.
• Insures all medications are packaged with a bar code
compatible with existing Pharmacy bar code technology
• Prepackages tablets, capsules and other dosage forms for
in-patient and out-patient dispensing.
• Positively interacts with patients and other hospital guests
to enhance the quality of case/service provided.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
•Prior experience in a sterile compounding environment is
•High School Diploma required or equivalent.
• Completion of Pharmacy Technician program in preferred.
• Current National Pharmacy Technician Certification is strongly
• Pharmacy registration with Connecticut Department of Consumer
Protection within 30 days of hire and by March 31st of each
We take great care of careers.