This position is responsible for developing and driving the
bank’s diversity and inclusion strategy to ensure alignment with
talent, community and business practices to achieve desired
outcomes that include, but are not limited to, employee attraction
and retention as well as overall business success. The incumbent,
working with the CHRO and cross-functionally with executives and
business line leaders, will implement programs and initiatives to
promote and strengthen a diverse and inclusive culture. This will
include the need for significant cross-functional leadership,
change management and organizational development responsibilities.
The position reports into the Chief Human Resources Officer and is
a member of the Bank’s Senior Officer Group.
• Leads the development and implementation of a diversity
strategy for the bank in alignment with recruiting, employee
development, community relations, vendor management, marketing and
other business practices.
• Develops and executes diversity related programs and
initiatives aligned with the bank’s diversity, HR and overall
• Works with Talent Acquisition on sourcing strategies to ensure
broad representation of qualified candidates that will lead to a
diverse employee population for identified businesses, teams and
• Works with Talent Management on development initiatives to
build skill and leadership attributes that lead to accelerated
career growth and increased diversity at all levels.
• Chairs the Company Diversity Council.
• Works with Community Relations to build and leverage
partnerships in the markets we serve. Develops relationships with
external organizations and other companies to build a public
relations framework to support and compliment ongoing efforts.
• Works with Marketing and Corporate Communications to build and
maintain awareness around the strategy/programs/initiatives both
internally and externally, including social media.
• Keeps current on emerging trends in the D&I space and
recommends additions or changes in direction to ensure the bank
maintains alignment, relevance and consistency.
• Participates as a senior member of the Human Resources
leadership team in developing and implementing key HR strategies
and initiatives for the Bank.
• Leads the coordination of the bank’s Affirmative Action Plan,
working in collaboration with HR leaders.
• Adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk
controls, including but not limited to BSA/AML/OFAC, in accordance
with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and
policies. Evaluates and tests our hiring, onboarding and internal
employee programs and practices to ensure the standards of
diversity compliance are met.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required. Advance
degree or relevant certifications preferred. 7 - 10 years relevant
• Experience developing, leading or working in the Diversity &
Inclusion space at a mid-size to large company.
• Background in HR or relevant experience working closely with
HR and familiar with its various disciplines.
• Strong consulting skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a matrix environment, leading groups or
working with individuals not in a direct reporting line utilizing
strong influencing skills.