Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Xylem Inc.
Posted on: March 14, 2023
Xylem---z--l--m-1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward
from the roots;2) a leading global water technology company.Xylem,
a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the
world's most challenging water issues, is the leading global
provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water
technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved
and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose:
creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve
the world's water challenges. We are committed to creating an
organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels
involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is
free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.If you are excited
and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear
from you! The Role: The Human Resources Business Partner is both a
strategic and hands-on role that delivers full cycle Human
Resources services enabling the organization to attract, manage,
develop and retain colleagues with the skills needed to meet
customer needs and achieve business objectives. This role is
critical in executing our people initiatives by providing great
internal customer support and driving HR functional excellence and
process improvement. As a member of the HR Team this role requires
strong team collaboration in a shared service model as well as
across businesses. This role will support our Bridgeport, NJ
site.Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Responsible for taking a hands-on approach and successfully
monitoring the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of
employee engagement. Works closely with business managers to
improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity
- Responsible for managing and resolving complex employee
relations issues including conflicts including support of
performance improvement plan development and delivery as required;
conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations as
- Is a deep expert on all HR programs, policies and delivery
models and insures compliance with regulatory requirements such as
equal employment and affirmative action and planning
- Responsible for building managerial capability through focused
HR practices as well as guidance, coaching, counseling, mentoring
- Operating as a change agent, leads the implementation and
execution of corporate wide practices such as performance
management approach, organizational development, talent reviews,
succession planning and shared services/COE strategies.
- Identifies and delivers training needs for the business.
Collaborates and partners with Leadership and Talent Development
COE as needed.
- Partners with the Total Rewards center of Excellence regarding
administration and communication of all benefit & compensation
plans to employees, including annual enrollment process. Serve as
liaison and employee advocate as required and assist in resolving
problems and questions
- Champions and is responsible for the recruitment of talent from
initiation of the requisition to the extension of the offer and
through the full onboarding process. Effectively collaborates and
partners with the Talent Acquisition Center of Excellence in
support of sourcing strategies and all parts of the process to
ensure high quality and fast results for the business.
- Responsible for understanding the business, financials and
goals. Analyzes trends and metrics and collaborates with site
leadership team to develop new approaches to improve upon meeting
business objectives, productivity and people development.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining functional
excellence in all HR processes and practices for the full employee
lifecycle (hire to retire). Consistently applies lean principles, a
continuous improvement mindset and ensures standard work is
maintained. Leverages & integrates technology to increase
productivity, performance & engagement and facilitating an employee
self-service environment. Validates business unit data required for
- Acts as an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to
create a positive work environment. Promotes diversity and
- Become proficient in all HR systems and conduct audits as
required to maintain data integrity and to ensure comprehensive
transition from existing programs to the new programs as
- Conduct internal audits for SOA, ISO, Pension Plans, EHS, etc.
to ensure compliance for HR related matters.
- Led Affirmative Action Program for specific plans; coordinates
local outreach and inclusion and diversity efforts.
- Leads and/or serves on project teams as assigned.
- Responsible for supporting Charlotte site location along with
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activitiesMinimum
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities,
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business or related
- 3+ years of directly related professional human resources
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of human
resources management, state and federal labor laws and
- Excellent working knowledge of compensation, benefits, employee
relations, organizational development, and training
- Workday (HRIS) Knowledge preferred
- Adept at communicating to all levels in the organization,
earning trust and building credibility
- Strong collaborator, managing multiple inputs and delivering
solutions with a one-team mindset while maintaining a good sense of
humor in a complex environmentPreferred Qualifications:
- Green Belt Certification/Continuous Improvement Experience
- Affirmative Action Plan and Positive Outreach experience
- Experience working in a corporate and branch operations.We
Offer You More Than Just "A Job"
- Professional Development - To advance the capabilities of our
people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our
employees' professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards - We offer comprehensive programs for
compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development,
work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark - Watermark is our corporate social responsibility
program working to provide education and access to safe water to
ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities.
Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various
- Employee Networks - Our Employee Networks provide a
professional, supportive network for employees from diverse
backgrounds, including Women's, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran's, People
of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging
Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers
and Allies.Physical Demands/Work Environment: (The physical demands
and work environment described here are representative of those an
employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an
office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standardweeklyjob hours:40 hoursXylem is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability,
protected veteran status or other characteristics protectedby
Keywords: Xylem Inc., Bridgeport , Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...