Occupational Health Nurse - Per Diem
Company: WorkCare, Inc.
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Job SummaryThis position is responsible for injury/illness care,
case management, medical testing, maintenance of medical records,
and other occupational and environmental health services per client
needs.First shift hours, typically 0700 - 1530 or 0800 - 1630.
Additional hours may be required as needed. Responsibilities
- Provideon-site treatment and management of injuries and
minimize the need for off-site medical treatment.
- Providepreventative health education as needed.
- Give on-site care, first aid and follow up to occupationally
- Ongoing communication with the treating physician regarding
employee clinical status
- Manage open workers comp and short-term disability cases as
- Maintain a medical record database and provide reports to
management as applicable.
- Maintain OSHA records as applicable.
- May perform medical testing including but limited to TB tests,
blood draws, immunizations, drug screening, vision tests, hearing
tests, respirator fit tests and medical evaluations.
- May perform First Aid, CPR,AEDand other training as necessary.
- Education and Experience
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a
current/activeRN or LPN license.
- Must hold currentBLScertification.
- 3-5 years nursing experience preferred
- 2-3 years' experience in an urgent care, emergency department
or occupational health setting preferred.
- Certification in Occupational Health preferred.
- Skills and Competencies
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability of maintaining privacy
- Strong critical thinking skills; problem solving, and decision
- Must have the ability to gather data, compile information and
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, with attention to detail
- Ability to create and edit written materials.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of
- Ability towork independently and make decisions in accordance
to company policy and procedures
- Take initiative on issues that arise daily.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional approach with
others in job-demanding, multitasking and/or project support
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors,
- Strong time management, organizational, and follow-through
- Ability to meet and exceed daily and weekly individual
- Ability to work independently as well as assisting other team
members when needed.
- Requires regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Computer Skills
- Must be competent in the Windows operating system environment,
Adobe Professional, Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint) and learn other software as needed.
- Physical Demands
- Requires sitting for long periods of time, working at a
- Some bending and stretching could be required.
- Working under stress and use of computer/phone required.
- Manual dexterity required for use of computer keyboard.
- Occasionally may be required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- Work Environment
- Mainly indoor, office environment conditions.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
- Air quality is good, and temperature is controlled.Compensation
offered will be determined by factors such as location, level,
job-related knowledge, skills, experienceand qualifications.Every
qualified individual has the same opportunity for recruitment,
hire, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits,
employee activities, and general treatment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any
other classification protected by applicable local, state, or
federal law. About WorkCareWorkCare, Inc., isa U.S.-based,
physician-directedoccupational health company withglobal
outreach.Our mission is Protecting and Promoting Employee
Health---from Hire to Retire.We believe Work Matters. Health
Counts. Prevention Saves.Our occupational clinicians and industry
subject matter experts deliverintegrated, total worker health
solutions to employers in all types of industries. Our capabilities
include MedicalExams& Travel program management; 24/7 Incident
Intervention telehealth triage; Onsite Services &
Clinics;Consulting Medical Directors; Clinical Accommodation and
Leave Management support; and afull suite of COVID-19
interventions. Our Industrial Athlete and Bio-ergonomic
Surveillance programs are designed to prevent and manage
work-related strains and sprains.Visitto learn more.
Keywords: WorkCare, Inc., Bridgeport , Occupational Health Nurse - Per Diem, Healthcare , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...