Company: Yale New Haven Health
Posted on: November 23, 2020
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand
and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our
Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect,
accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as
individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality
medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the
patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a
Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting
where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees
of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and
contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous,
comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the
care provided to their patients.
Responsible for the performing the clinical assistant and
secretarial functions of the Primary Care Center. Essential duties
and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
* 1. Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
* 2. Checks patients in prior to physician/ provider visit.
* 2.1 Identifies patient using two patient identifiers and wrist
* 3. Performs data entry associated with patient visit.
* 3.1 Verifies that specimens are labeled properly 100% of the time
and with the patient present as observed by supervisor.
* 4. Practice precaution procedures as required.
* 4.1 Changes gloves between drawing all patients 100% of the time
as observed by supervisor.
* 5. Performs venipunctures and skin punctures on patients.
* 5.1 Answers patients questions regarding specimen collection or
testing procedures as observed by supervisor and as evidenced by
feedback from patients.
* 6. Performs urine collections.
* 6.1 Provides appropriate collection container to the patient and
directs them to the nearest lavatory as observed by supervisor.
* 7. Obtains vital signs, routine urine testing and blood glucose
* 7.1 Obtains patient temperature according to Hospital guidelines
with 100% accuracy as evidenced by random monitoring by
* 8. Utilizes equipment as necessary.
* 8.1 Initializes computer systems as required according to
Hospital guidelines and EPIC guidelines with demonstratedaccuracy
as observed by supervisor.
* 9. Completes non-therapeutic functions as assigned by supervisor
* 9.1 Follows correct procedure in performing non-therapeutic
functions 90-95% of the time as observed by supervisor.
* 10. Performs other duties as required.
* 10.1 Assists in maintaining medical and clerical supply stocks to
a minimum of 100% reserve level as evidenced by feedback from staff
and lack of zero supply level.
* 11. Performs ECG's as necessary and according to hospital
High school graduate or equivalent.
Certifified Medical Assistant with 2-3 years outpatient experience
EMR experience with scheduling preferred
BLS, EKG and phlebotomy required
Certified Medical Assistant preferred
Proficient keyboard skills, Knowledge of word processing, workers'
compensation and drug screening laws preferred, Good communication
and customer service skills, bilingual preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk, stoop, sit, use hands to finger, handle or
feel, talk and or hear. They may occasionally life and/or move up
to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception,, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate., essential job
functions with or without the assistance of reasonable
accommodation as determined on a, case by case basis.
Keywords: Yale New Haven Health, Bridgeport , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!