Registered Nurse Operating Room (FT) - Surgical Center of Connecticut
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 22, 2020
Location: US-CT-BridgeportType: Full Time Employee# of Openings:
Our center has experienced growth in the last year and we are
seeking a Operating Room Registered Nurse who will add to our team
at The Surgical Center of Connecticut. The Registered
Nurse-Operating Room position will provide support to the facility
by performing circulating Registered Nurse duties in the Operating
Room at this fast-paced, multispecialty Ambulatory Surgery
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively organizes time, equipment, supplies, and
- Uses equipment effectively by anticipating patient needs and
providing appropriate care.
- Confirms that proper techniques and procedures are used
according to accepted Standards of Practice and organizational
policies and procedures.
- Assists with the ordering, receiving, and storage of
- Maintains order and cleanliness of the intra-operative
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains surgical services as assigned, in accordance with
written policies and in compliance with various regulatory and
accrediting agencies and is responsible for quality patient
- Assists with the development and monitoring of the standards of
assigned areas pertaining to the operating room, sterilization and
decontamination, and corresponding ancillary areas.
- Responsible for efficient and effective patient care and
- Helps in determining goals for assigned area and effectively
manages resources to achieve the goals.
- Maintains a collegial relationship with physicians to ensure
quality patient care.
- At the direction of the Director of Nursing, maintains an
adequate inventory for assigned area, including, but not limited
to, equipment and supplies.
- Assists in recruitment, selection, training, supervision, and
retention of operating room/corresponding ancillary area
- Assists with staffing assigned area and performing daily
- Responsible for fostering an environment that promotes staff
growth and development.
- Supervises and adheres to Surgery Center policies, procedures,
and safety programs.
- Participates in Quality Committee(s), Medical Leadership
Committee, as requested, and/or assigned.
- Proactively seeks to continuously improve patient care and
- Exhibits competency in performing all functions of assigned
area or duties.
- Responsible for other functions as assigned by the Director of
Nursing and/or the Administrator.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing required with BSN
- Current licensure in the State of Connecticut as a Registered
- At least two years of circulating in an a operating room
required with ambulatory surgery center setting preferred.
- Multi-specialty experience required with Orthopedics being
- Successful completion of Basic Life Support (BLS)/Basic Cardiac
Life Support (BCLS) within 90 days of employment or documentation
of current BLS/BCLS certification.
- Successful completion of ACLS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation of current ACLS certification.
- Successful completion of PALS Course within 90 days of
employment or documentation or current PALS certification.
We value Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging at Surgical Care
Affiliates: SCA is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
age, national origin, disability and genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are
required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
#DP #RegisteredNurse #HealthcareJobs #NurseJobs #MedicalJobs
#Healthcare #NurseLife #RNJobs #Health #SCA #SurgicalCareAffiliates
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Bridgeport , Registered Nurse Operating Room (FT) - Surgical Center of Connecticut, Healthcare , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!