DIRECTOR OF MATHEMATICS
Company: Bridgeport Public Schools
Posted on: September 15, 2023
DIRECTOR OF MATHEMATICS
- Provide educational leadership in grades PK-12 related to the
development of curriculum and professional development,
implementation of instructional programs of the district, including
the evaluation of classroom instruction on a regular basis to
encourage differentiate instruction and the use of variety
strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and
- Work cooperatively with district/school teams and external
partners in the development of a unified, district-wide
instructional program in mathematics, within a revision cycle
- Coordinate curriculum activities and foster a creative,
supportive environment for CT Core Standards aligned curriculum
development, innovation and professional growth.
- Collect, monitor and analyze performance data including, but
not limited to, State and district assessment regarding the
achievement of students, work samples, and other pertinent
information affecting the design and evaluation of curriculum and
instructional practices, as well as professional development
- Work closely with building principals to assist them in their
roles in program implementation and in evaluation of classroom
instruction as aligned to CT Core Standards.
- Provide support and technical assistance to principals and
school staff through routine visits, regularly scheduled meetings,
and responses to requests for assistance.
- In providing support at the school level, develop and foster a
culture of collaborative and reflective practice among teachers;
differentiate support for teachers based on various assessment
- Oversee the planning and delivery of professional development
to numeracy coaches, teachers, instructional support staff and/or
instructional interventionists, and building leaders.
- Help plan and schedule opportunities to strengthen home-school
connections, informing all parents and community members about the
district's mathematics programs.
- Implement and monitor district procedures to ensure compliance
with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Deputy Superintendent
or Superintendent. REQUIREMENTS:
- Connecticut certification - Intermediate Administrator
- Connecticut certification - Teacher - Mathematics (029)
- Master's Degree in mathematics education or related field
- Minimum five years successful teaching experience in the area
- Minimum three years successful supervisory experience
- Demonstrated leadership in improving mathematics education at
the school and/or district level, including a record of excellence
in planning and implementing student assessment strategies,
instructional delivery, classroom management and professional
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the various aspects of
administration and supervision of school programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of CT Core Standard current trends and
development of programs for mathematics.
- Proven ability to apply knowledge and skills in the areas of
curriculum development, program writing and program evaluation
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, organizational and
- Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously and effectively with
teachers, administrators, parents and community groups
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology for
communication, reports and research
- Evidence of diplomacy, flexibility, creativity and
This is a Group II (12 month) position in accordance with the
Agreement between the Bridgeport Board of Education and the
Bridgeport Council of Administrators and Supervisors (BCAS).
Note: Only those who meet the position requirements will be
interviewed. Candidates who wish to apply should access the
Bridgeport Public Schools' AppliTrack system:
"The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Keywords: Bridgeport Public Schools, Bridgeport , DIRECTOR OF MATHEMATICS, Executive , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!