Company: FAITH ASSET MANAGEMENT
Posted on: May 25, 2023
*RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGER *
*Scope and Purpose *
Overall management of a HUD-subsidized residential facility.
*Duties and Responsibilities *
* Process residential applications into the building system software program and collect required documentation such as valid identification cards, social security cards, birth certificates, employment and landlord verification information.
* Follow up on applicant references and process credit and criminal background according to Property approved tenant selection plan guidelines
* Maintain waitlists and update yearly for continued interest
* Show vacant apartments utilizing professional marketing procedures, and maintain a high level of continued occupancy by leasing property in a timely manner.
* Complete move in and move out documents and rental agreements according to property guidelines as well as forward to accounting department for permanent filing and disbursement of security deposit
* Gather all documentation for yearly recertifications and forward to third party for processing
* Maintain resident employment record changes and forward to third party for interim adjustments in accordance with established procedures
* Collect rents, enter in building system and maintain computer records accordingly
* Process and review monthly RAP Voucher
* Prepare both the yearly operational and capital budget and monitor expenses to ensure spending is within parameter guidelines
* Post charges associated with work orders, late charges, etc. by entering them in building system software and generate delinquent notices for residents
* Follow-up delinquent accounts and pursue collections in accordance with established procedures
* Prepare required documentation for attorney to begin legal proceeding related to delinquencies and preterminations
* Maintain tenant files and related documentation regarding recertifications, eligibility and adjustments.
* Check references and other information on resident applications through Property's's approved credit and criminal investigative service
* Complete move in building documents and rental agreements according to property guidelines
* Prepare building reports in accordance with property guidelines
* Assist in monthly financial reports and prepare documentation for quarterly meeting with the property Board of Directors
* Build resident rapport and address concerns in a professional manner
* Work closely with Family Specialists in monthly resident meetings to address building concerns and repairs as well as work closely with the Community Service Officer.
* Perform yearly HQS unit inspections property inspections including annual, move-in, move out, housekeeping and grounds in order to assure adherence to established property standards.
* Responsible for compliance including creating and updating Tenant Selection Plan and AFHMP
* Responsible for maintaining Resident Handbook and informing residents of changes within required time as indicated in building guidelines
* Send and post all notices regarding compliance to rules and regulations when a violation occurs.
* Prepare building violation letters to residents when when needed
* Issues purchase order numbers and track purchases from order through invoice
* Process invoices for correctness, accuracy, and proper coding
* Purchase office and administrative supplies for the property
* Prepare advertisements, if needed; obtain prices and place advertisements (with Regional Manager's approval) according to the AFHMP
* Complete and submit incident reports for all events that may involve injury or damages to both employees, residents and the building
* Maintain the property business office in a neat, orderly and business-like manner at all times with regularly scheduled office hours per established procedures
* Assist HR in hiring and interviewing applicants for specific jobs. Also write up employee reviews for both new employees probationary period and full time employees.
*Tenant Relations: *
* Counsel residents who are not complying with terms of the lease and delinquent payments.
* Refer residents with special problems, such as economic, social, legal, health, etc. to Supportive Services and they in turn will provide assistance to resident as appropriate.
* Maintain liaison with Family Specialist to assist with resident activates, address specific problems, plan meetings, or support activities as appropriate.
* Resolve conflict and complaints among residents, if possible, in order to avoid grievances.
* Recommend eviction if resident behavior warrants, and prepare related documentation to support recommendation
* Participate in hearings and appeals as needed.
*General Repair and Maintenance Including Grounds Maintenance:*
* Oversee maintenance of the grounds, trash container areas, and common areas not allowing any trash or debris to accumulate
* Oversee all work associated with the upkeep and maintenance of the grounds and residents
* Inspect and confirm all vacant apartments are cleaned immediately and made ready for showing and occupancy within three days after move out
* Log all resident complaints and dispatch maintenance personnel promptly. Items covered under warranties should be reported to the appropriate maintenance companies and followed up for prompt repairs.
* Generate work orders in response to requests for repairs from residents, coordinate completion of repairs, and close out work orders in accordance with established procedures.
* Conduct daily walks of the building exterior, document observations and remedy as needed
* Be available at all times either personally or phone communication for site personnel to assist emergency calls. -Maintain community-owned materials and tools in a neat and orderly manner at all times. - Maintain a neat and organized workshop area free of clutter and debris for these tools. Upon completion of a maintenance task, all tools and excess supplies shall be cleaned up and stored properly
* Assist property manager in preparing scopes of work and requirements for maintenance and building contracts
*Supervising Personnel: *
* Participate in pre-employment interviews and make hiring recommendations as needed.
* Interpret and apply personnel policies, departmental policies, and other relevant policies and procedures.
* Review time and leave reports for assigned staff
* Train or assist site personnel in both maintenance and safety awareness according to OSHA standards and guidelines
* Prepare and review performance reviews and discuss with subordinates as appropriate - Counsel employees regarding job performance and document in accordance with established procedures. - Recommend disciplinary action as needed
* Residential Property Manager is authorized to delegate authority to key employees. Any such delegation must be approved by the Regional Manager. The Residential Property Manager's responsibility is always primary, even for activities delegated to subordinates.
* Knowledge of Employers policies and procedures, particularly as they pertain to property management.
* Knowledge of Department of Housing and Urban Development ("HUD") rules and regulations that apply to property management
* Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes
* Basic knowledge of building maintenance, fire prevention and liability reduction principles
* Knowledge of basic office practices, procedures, and equipment
* Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision.
* Knowledge of the operation of the property's computer system and software
* Knowledge of the agencies that provide assistance and services to residents, including some knowledge of eligibility requirements
* Knowledge of basic English in order to communicate verbally and in writing
* Knowledge of mathematics sufficient to perform calculations required for summarizing rent collections, making deposits, and for rent adjustments in addition to preparing capital and operating budgets
* Ability to maintain required records such as tenant files, vacancy reports, etc.
* Ability to procure goods and services in accordance with procedures and in keeping with assigned Operating Budget for the property
* Ability to read and interpret policies and guidelines in order to make sound decisions
* Ability to prepare clear concise reports and make appropriate recommendations within scope of responsibility. - Ability to use basic office equipment such as telephone , fax, copier and computer
* Ability to communicate verbally and in writing
* Ability to generate records, receipts, and reports efficiently using a calculator and the computer system. -
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, superiors , residents, community service agencies, and the public
* Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and demands and to accomplish them in accordance with established requirements
* Skilled in analyzing situations in order to identify problems and offer possible solutions
* Skilled in communicating with all types of people in a wide variety of situations.
*Additional Qualifications for this Position:*
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent work experience and/or licensing (Certified Occupancy Specialist, Real Estate Sales Agent)
* 5+ years' experience in property management and experience involving public contact
* Valid driver's license
* Use of personal automobiles for local job-related travel and pick up
* Professional appearance and demeanor
* Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
NOTE: This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive. It is intended to identify the major responsibilities and requirements of this job classification.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $25.00 per hour
* Referral program
* 5 years
* Monday to Friday
* On call
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Bridgeport, CT: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
* Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
* Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY MANAGER *
Keywords: FAITH ASSET MANAGEMENT, Bridgeport , Property Manager, Executive , Bridgeport, Connecticut
here to apply!