Group Sales Manager
Company: Bass Pro Shops
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Senior Group Sales Manager supervises one or more of the
Sales Departments within the store to include merchandise
presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, staff
selection and development and customer service activities, while
assuming full store responsibilities as directed by the General
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service
and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all
- Meets or exceeds all financial plans as set by the
- Executes all Sales plans as directed by the Company.
- Opens and closes the Store, assumes responsibility for the
entire store when the General Manager is out of the building and
has "Manager on Duty" responsibilities.
- Supervises the Receiving, Customer Service, Maintenance and
Sales Departments through the Group Sales Managers and/or in the
absence of the GM.
- Maintains planograms as set by the Corporate Office.
- Staffs the Departments with "service" oriented associates;
participates in interviewing and selection, coordinates training,
prepares / approves performance appraisals, recommends merit /
promotional increases, prepares weekly work schedules, coaches, and
motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a
productive team-oriented work environment.
- Works closely with Base Camp Support Staff to ensure proper
merchandise assortment and inventory levels.
- Resolves customer and associate issues.
- Communicates and implements all advertising and marketing
initiatives of the Company to include tabs, flyers, signing,
pricing, features, imagery, visual presentation, etc.
- Supports the GM as directed with all operational and financial
efficiencies by auditing reports & processes, supporting physical
inventory & shrink, safety requirements, and all operational
- Carries out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
Company's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing,
hiring & training, planning, assigning, and directing work;
measuring and evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining
associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides a legendary experience for every customer, every time
by assisting customers in making buying decisions by identifying
and evaluating customers' needs, making product recommendations
based off this analysis, promoting programs including, but not
limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years in Retail Management, with
responsibility for one or more Sales Departments.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of other
financial, legal, and technical information
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from Managers, associates, customers, and the public.
Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets,
data-based management and electronic point of sale and inventory
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the
- Demonstrated use and understanding of servant leadership, team
development, and team concept of management
- Demonstrated a high level of organization and
- N/APHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
- Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands
- Constantly assess the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of
the work assigned
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, step stools,
- Occasionally operate machinery and/or power tools
- Occasionally operate motor vehicles or heavy equipment.
- Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
- Occasionally work in outdoor elements such as precipitation and
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
- Occasionally work in hazardous conditions
- Occasionally work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Medium work that includes constantly lifting and moving objects
up to 20 pounds, occasionally move and lift objects up to 100
pounds or more (utilizing a team lift as needed)INDEPENDENT
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies,
procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs
assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve
desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within
accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies,
procedures, and practices. Full Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class
resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- And more!Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Reasonable
AccommodationsQualified individuals with known disabilities may be
entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with
Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application process, please visit your nearest location or contact
us at email@example.com. Bass Pro ShopsAbout Us About Bass
Bass Pro Shops - is North America's premier outdoor and
conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny
Morris began selling tackle out of his father's liquor store in
Springfield, Missouri, today the company provides customers with
unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor e
quipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more.
In 2017 Bass Pro Shops joined forces with - Cabela's - to create a
"best-of-the-best" e xperience with superior products, dynamic
locations and outstanding customer service. Bass Pro Shops also
operates - White River Marine Group , offering an unsurpassed
collection of industry-leading boat brands, and - Big Cedar Lodge ,
America's Premier Wilderness Resort. Under the visionary
conservation leadership of Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops is a
national leader in protecting habitat and introducing families to
the outdoors and has been named by Forbes as "one of America's Best
Keywords: Bass Pro Shops, Bridgeport , Group Sales Manager, Executive , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...