Business Development Manager (MarketSource)
Posted on: November 18, 2022
Job SummaryAvantor is looking for a new dynamic Business
Development Manager (BDM) to create sustainable and profitable
partnerships with lab supply R&D customers. We are looking for
a professional who has a good understanding of the market, who
understands the needs/challenges of our customers who use our
MarketSource products and services to deliver meaningful
This BDM position will report directly to the Head of Business
Development, MarketSource. This position will be remote with some
- Dental, Vision, and Medical (all benefits are available on the
- Spending and savings accounts: Healthcare savings, flexible
spending & limited purpose flexible spending.
- PTO and short and long-term disability coverage
- Paid parental leave, 401k, stock purchase options and so much
more!MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Raise regional awareness by promoting the Avantor value
proposition as a procurement and sourcing service provider for any
lab product beyond our core product assortment.
- Work closely with the Strategic Partners and Field Sales teams
to engage customers in value added service programs.
- Build and sustain long lasting business relationships with
customers to ensure brand loyalty.
- Execute company strategies to achieve sales growth in the US
- Coordinate and assure internal alignment with internal
stakeholders to ensure key customer opportunities are being managed
and executed in an efficient and compliant manner.
- Negotiate and manage customer contracts together with the
customer account owner.
- Identify and support the development or refinement of new
sourcing and procurement service opportunities.
- Managing a pipeline of opportunities and contracted
- Visit with and facilitate senior level presentations to end
- Perform other duties as assigned.KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
(Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- BSc/BA degree in Chemistry, Life Sciences, Chemical/Genetic
Engineering degree or other life sciences related degree.
- 3-5 years Business Development experience within the
biopharmaceutical or related life sciences industry.
- Prior experience in project management of a corporate-wide
- Successful sales experience preferred
- Experience in establishing high level customer
- Good knowledge of office applications (mainly PowerPoint,
Excel, and Word)ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT
- Although the associate primarily works in an office or home
office environment, while performing the duties of this job, the
associate may be exposed to many different customer
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting
and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise
- Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent
are used to resolve work problems.
- New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems. A
frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.EEO
Statement:We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed,
national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by federal,
state/province, or local law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation for any part of the employment process, please
contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us
know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case
basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for
reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email
address.For more information about equal employment opportunity
protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE
LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency
Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.EEO is the
LawOFCCP EEO SupplementPAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION
PROVISION3rd Party Non-Solicitation Policy:By submitting candidates
without having been formally assigned on and contracted for a
specific job requisition by Avantor, or by failing to comply with
the Avantor recruitment process, you forfeit any fee on the
submitted candidates, regardless of your usual terms and
conditions. Avantor works with a preferred supplier list and will
take the initiative to engage with recruitment agencies based on
its needs and will not be accepting any form of
solicitation.Colorado and New York Equal Pay Transparency:Avantor
is committed to equitable compensation practices. The compensation
range for this role is:$70,000.00 - $119,000.00Final compensation
for this role will be determined by various factors such as minimum
and preferred qualifications, knowledge, skills, abilities,
education, experience and location.
Keywords: Avantor, Bridgeport , Business Development Manager (MarketSource), Executive , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!