BSA Compliance Manager - Cryptocurrency SME (Remote)
Company: Silicon Valley Bank
Posted on: November 13, 2022
BE PART OF A BANK LIKE NO OTHER.When you work with the world's
most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference.Our
clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the
global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next
medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies
could transform the way people live and work.They come to SVB for
our expertise, deep network and nearly forty years of experience in
the industries we serve, and to partner with diverse teams of
passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to an inclusive approach
to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their
business.Join us at SVB and be part of bringing our clients'
world-changing ideas to life. At SVB, we have the opportunity to
grow and collectively make an impact by supporting the innovative
clients and communities SVB serves. We pride ourselves in having
both a diverse client roster and an equally diverse and inclusive
organization. And we work diligently to encourage all with
different ways of thinking, different ways of working, and
especially those traditionally underrepresented in technology and
financial services, to apply.Job Description:As part of the BSA
Compliance Team, this 2nd Line of Defense (2nd LOD) position is a
subject matter expert in cryptocurrency and Web3 business models
(e.g. decentralized finance, any business model involved with NFTs,
crypto exchanges, layer one protocols) from an AML risk
perspective. This position is primarily responsible for providing
guidance and contributing to BSA/AML policy around this client
segment and for oversight of FinTech client relationships.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate success in working with and
communicating regulatory and policy expectations to Business Units
including Global Offices, 1st Line of Defense (1st LOD) and
supporting risk teams, and 2nd LOD counterparts to ensure
comprehensive understanding and application. This will be a remote
position.Primary Responsibilities: Under the direction and
supervision of the Senior Director of BSA Compliance, the ideal
Crypto SME Compliance Manager candidate has and is responsible
- Provide expertise in assessing AML risks associated with
crypto/Web3 business models to align with internal guidance and
policy requirements for enhanced due diligence and ongoing
- Understand risk and compliance topics-including but not limited
to, appropriate methods for risk mitigation (both from a client and
SVB perspective regulatory environment from both a guidance and
enforcement action standpoint.
- Proficient understanding of BSA/AML related regulations
including ability to independently research using sources such as
FinCEN/Federal Reserve Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs) and FFIEC
BSA/AML Exam Manual.
- Understand the predominant US and cross-border risks involving
crypto/Web3 business models.
- Be very familiar with emerging crypto/Web3 trends, particularly
those of non-banks and fintech competitors (experience with
securities also a plus).
- Point of contact to 1st and 2nd LOD Teams seeking advisory
input on regulations and/or policy.
- Manage processes related to change management, regulatory
changes related to area of expertise.
- Creation of content/presentations and ability to comfortably
present to groups, committees and/or leadership.
- Development and delivery of training content relevant to
regulations and policy.
- Team player who is willing to take on other duties proactively
and/or as assigned.Oversight:
- Responsible for contributing to the effective challenge
oversight program for high-risk client onboarding and ongoing due
diligence for crypto/Web3 clients.
- Ability to succinctly document and convey effective challenge
as part of 2nd LOD oversight.
- Involves assessing 1st LOD adherence to internal compliance
requirements through review of prospects/clients and the
controls/processes presented that the prospect/client must have in
place/need to reduce the inherent risk.
- Advise on risks presented when a compliance program does not
meet expected regulatory standards or internal requirements via
- Development and execution of various compliance risk management
reporting, such as state of compliance reports, emerging risk
reports, etc.Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years of banking, investment, risk management, or
audit experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience related to
KYC and EDD.
- Must possess strong subject matter expertise specific to
crypto/Web3 for financial crimes or compliance management
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of financial crimes risks and the
prevention and mitigation processes and controls.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to
design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within
- Strong understanding of the compliance and regulatory
frameworks applicable to financial institutions with an emphasis on
FinCEN regulations and FFIEC guidelines.
- Ability to assess compliance programs, processes,
- Ability to work independently, take initiative with strong
verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work confidently and directly with Relationship
Managers, prospects and/or clients.
- Good time management and attention to detail are critical to
- Good analytical, research, organizational, and project
- Strong individual contributor with the ability to work
effectively as a team.
- Flexibility in learning new topics, handling change and
- Must possess a bachelor's degree in any Financial Crimes
related fields or Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or
equivalent. MBA or MS a plus.
- Strong understanding of requisite Microsoft Office applications
and ability to learn new internal systems quickly.
Base Pay:$104,941.00 - $149,182.00Actual starting base pay will be
determined on skills, experience, and other non-discriminatory
factors permitted by law. Total compensation may also include
variable incentives, bonuses, benefits, and/or other perks, as
outlined in any formal offer made.SVB benefit programs are designed
to meet our employees where they are in life. SVBers may enroll in
core benefits programs, plus take advantage of customized perks and
offerings, including those designed to support families, however
defined. More information regarding our benefits offerings can be
found here. 2022 SVB Financial Group. All rights reserved. SVB, SVB
FINANCIAL GROUP, SILICON VALLEY BANK, MAKE NEXT HAPPEN NOW and the
chevron device are trademarks of SVB Financial Group, used under
license. Silicon Valley Bank is a member of the FDIC and the
Federal Reserve System. Silicon Valley Bank is the California bank
subsidiary of SVB Financial Group (Nasdaq: SIVB).Equal Employment
OpportunitySilicon Valley Bank is an equal opportunity employer and
is dedicated to expanding its commitments and investments to create
a more diverse, equitable and inclusive company culture and
innovation ecosystem. We are strongly committed to the values and
policy of equal employment opportunity across our employment
practices.Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is registered in England
and Wales at Alphabeta, 14-18 Finsbury Square, London EC2A 1BR, UK
(Company Number 12546585). Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited is
authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by
the Financial Conduct Authority and Prudential Regulation Authority
(Firm Reference Number 543146). Details about the extent of our
regulation by the Prudential Regulation Authority are available
from us on request.
Keywords: Silicon Valley Bank, Bridgeport , BSA Compliance Manager - Cryptocurrency SME (Remote), Executive , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!