Elementary EASI Teacher
Company: Bridgeport Public Schools
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Elementary School Teaching
To Be Determined
Open Until Filled
BRIDGEPORT PUBLIC SCHOOLS
45 Lyon Terrace, Room 310
Bridgeport, CT 06604
2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR
Elementary Academic Support Instructor (EASI) (Gr. PK-6)
- The Elementary Academic Support Instructor will be responsible
for supporting the academic and social and emotional needs of
students in grades K-3 within the elementary school.
- Teachers in this position will work with provide both tier 1
and 2 academic supports students primarily in literacy and
mathematics and in other content areas.
- The Elementary Academic Support Instructor works closely with
classroom teachers to co-plan, co-teach and assess students to meet
the varying needs of students within our school.
- They play a pivotal role in developing collaborative
relationships with administrators, teachers and parents to create
lesson plans with clearly articulated goals and strategies.
- The Elementary Academic Support Instructor is a key member of
school-level intervention teams and school-level data teams.
Together with the school counselor, support staff and
administrators, they provide direct instruction for students with
learning needs using a strong intervention model.
- Required Certification: Elementary, 1-6 (305); Master's degree
- Three years' successful teaching experience in an urban setting
- Experience in the use of educational technology
- Excellent oral and written communication and human relations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understand the developmental period of early childhood from
birth through age 8 across physical, cognitive, social, and
emotional, and linguistic domains, including bilingual/multilingual
- Understand that successful early childhood education depends
upon educators' partnerships with the families of the young
children they serve and know about, understand, and value the
diversity in family characteristics.
- Use screening and assessment tools to document developmental
progress and promote positive outcomes for each child and build
assessment partnerships with families and professional
- Use learning standards and other resources to make decisions
for lesson planning, curriculum development, implementation, and
evaluation to ensure that learning will be stimulating,
challenging, and meaningful to each child.
- Use a broad repertoire of developmentally appropriate and
culturally and linguistically relevant, anti-bias, and
evidence-based teaching approaches that reflect the principles of
universal design for learning.
- Have professional communication skills that effectively support
their relationships and work young children, families, and
Salary will be in accordance with the BEA contract salary
Qualified candidates who wish to apply should access the Bridgeport
Public Schools' AppliTrack system:
"The Bridgeport Board of Education is an Affirmative Action/Equal
Keywords: Bridgeport Public Schools, Bridgeport , Elementary EASI Teacher, Education / Teaching , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...