CNA Instructor - Bridgeport
Company: Dorsey Schools
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Nurse Aide Instructor provides instruction in the Nurse Aid
Training Program to ensure that all students achieve competency in
the program objectives. The Instructor will teach all of the
lecture, laboratory practice training, and supervise all clinical
work experience located in the long term care setting.
- Submitting lesson plans at least a week ahead of time to the
- Instructing classes using teaching techniques appropriate to
- Testing students regularly, returning graded student tests
within 2-3 class sessions. Final grades and grade sheets must be
turned into the office manager daily.
- Checking student attendance and reporting any absences of more
than one (1) class sessions to the Office Manager immediately.
Attendance sheets must be turned into the Office Manager at the end
of each day.
- Utilizing recognized classroom management techniques and, when
necessary, reporting any inappropriate behavior or attitude
problems to the Executive Director.
- Beginning and ending each class period on time.
- Restricting food and drink consumption to break areas in the
- Distributing course syllabi and textbooks on the first day of
- Attending all regularly scheduled monthly, quarterly and
- Demonstrating professional growth by membership in a
professional organization, attendance at seminars, workshops or
meetings, continuing education, or outside work in the field of my
- Working with the Regional Managing Director on a plan of action
when the instructor's evaluations fall below 85% and/or for any
class in which competency test pass rates fall below 80%.
- Giving the Executive Director adequate notice when classroom
supplies are needed. Communicating the need for equipment
repair/maintenance in a timely manner.
- Instructor will obtain certification as a CPR/BLS Instructor
from Dorsey Schools (AHA) within 60 days. KNOWLEDGE - SKILLS -
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and analytical
skills as well as the ability to work well independently and within
a team environment. WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Limited travel may be required (0-50%).
- Will be required to work late and weekends to support business
needs. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors/equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of two years of nursing experience with at least one
year in Long-term care
- Instructors must document current licensure as a Licensed
Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse (RN). PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit for
extended periods of time; and have sufficient hand, arm and finger
dexterity to operate a phone, computer keyboard and other office
Keywords: Dorsey Schools, Bridgeport , CNA Instructor - Bridgeport, Education / Teaching , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...