Senior Fund Accountant
Company: Creative Financial Staffing
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Senior Fund Accountant
CFS is partnering with an Investment Management organization
located in Fairfield County. They specialize in Private Equity,
Secondaries, Venture Capital, and Direct Investments. They are
seeking a Senior Fund Accountant.
Why this Company
- Growth/ promotion potential
- Direct exposure to C- level Executives & Partners
- Company/ team outings (Golf, BBQ, ex..)
- Breakfast provided for Quarterly Update Review
- A Manager that fights for their team and is big on
- Competitive compensation/ benefits
- Company matches 401k dollar for dollar up to the max
Role & Attributes of Senior Fund Accountant
- Review and approve underlying investment's quarterly PCAP
statements that are uploaded by the data team into the internal
- Provide Assistant Controller with complete package of
documentation for vendor payment initiation including invoices and
supporting documentation, general ledger coding forms and bank wire
- Prepare package of approved vendor payments including invoices,
coding sheets, bank initiation, and confirmation documents and
submit to company's accounting firm for entry into the accounting
records on a daily basis.
- Prepare coding form support packages for all recurring quarter
end expense accruals as well as any one-off accruals as
- Reconcile quarterly prelim and roll-forward financial statement
documents provided by third-party service provider to the internal
- Review and reconcile final quarterly financial statement
packages and waterfall models provided by third-party service
- Review Limited Partner's quarterly Partner's Capital Account
Statements and upload to the client portal.
- Reconcile unfunded commitment balance of each underlying
investment on a quarterly basis to the internal accounting
- Assist with internal and external audits including preparation
and remittance of information requests.
- Assist with downloading and saving underlying investment annual
K-1 tax documents.
- Post annual Limited Partner K-1 tax documents to the client
- Reconcile daily cash movements/activity to ensure all GP/LP
wires have been
executed successfully and validate cash receipts from clients and
- Maintain daily cash file for all investment entities and
circulate each morning to the
- Complete weekly/monthly cash reconciliations between the bank
and the internal
- Review and process daily stock trade confirms provided by the
- Assist with internal and external ad hoc inquiries.
Limited Partner Capital Activity
- Prepare contribution/distribution support files to be approved
by the CFO and then
provided to the third-party service provider.
- Review contribution/distribution notices provided by third
party service provider and
post the documents to the client portal.
- Set up outgoing wires and create the support package for
distributions to be approved by the CFO.
Candidate Qualifications of Senior Fund Accountant
- Undergraduate degree from reputable college/university
- Major in Accounting with minimum 3.4 GPA
- Eager and excited to learn accounting for private equity
- Strong work ethic, quick learner, energetic and
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic
- Strong team player
Keywords: Creative Financial Staffing, Bridgeport , Senior Fund Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Bridgeport, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!